WELCOME Grand Junction Centennial Band!
!!!! BOOKMARK THIS PAGE RIGHT NOW! !!!!
This is your Virtual Bandroom for
SIMPLE GIFTS PART 4: SIMPLE GIFTS
where you’ll come to learn how to record and submit your part.
Below you will find detailed instructions on practicing and recording.
Simple Gifts: SIMPLE GIFTS
Step 2: Watch this video to learn how to make the best recording
Watch this video first for practice notes and guidelines on setting up your equipment for optimal recording! Videos that do not meet these criteria may need to be redone or may not be usable in this project.
Step 3: Record a video of you playing your part while watching/listening to this video on a separate device
Make sure you’ve practiced and are ready to perform the piece at the tempo of the recording. You need to be watching this video while making your video recording, beginning with the countdown for when to start your video camera.
Review your video recording on your device to be sure you did your very best, you used the proper camera orientation and angle, and we cannot hear the backing track in your recording. Please take the time to redo the recording if these criteria are not met.
Step 4: Rename Your Video On Your Device
Please rename your video in this format: “Part You’re Playing – Your Name”. For example, “Clarinet 1 – John Smith”. The ‘Part Name’ should read exactly as it does on your sheet music.
HOW TO RENAME A VIDEO ON IPHONE:
- Open the Photos app and tap on your video
- Tap the share icon (the standard Apple square with the arrow coming out of it)
- Scroll down and tap on “Save to Files”
- Tap on “On my phone” (Donʼt select a sub-folder)
- Click “save” in the upper-right.
- Open the Files app and tap “Browse” in the bottom menu bar
- Tap “On My Phone” to locate your video.
- Press and hold on your video, then choose “Rename” towards the bottom.
- Name your video as “Part Name – Your Name”. The ‘Part Name’ should read exactly as it does on your sheet music.
Step 5: Submit Your Video
On your phone, tap the blue “Select files from your computer” button in the box below, then tap “browse” and tap on your video. Enter your name and email address, then click Continue. If you have trouble with the upload, you can email a link to your video (using Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Sharing, etc) or questions to Elisa at: [email protected] Please include your instrument, your name, and your ensemble in your email.
Step 6: Email Elisa
Email Elisa to let her know you have completed your video submission! [email protected]